What are cookies?
The cookies we are talking about are less tasty and contain significantly fewer chocolate chips than the cookies that spring to mind, but are as important to be aware of.
These little files are, among other handy features, what allow you to browse a website without having to login everytime a page is loaded, for example.
What do cookies help with?
- Faster, smoother browsing of our shops
- Ease of use; not having to re-enter any information repeatedly
- Additional features such as recently viewed products and shopping carts
- Measure how you interact with our shop so we can improve the experience for future visits
- Ensure the adverts you see on other mediums are relevant and interesting
What cookies do we use and why?
Persistent Cookies are cookies that last longer than the session on any of our applications. These cookies are often placed by third party applications that we work in conjunction with to provide an improved service. For example, cookies placed by our website testing software allows us to ensure you receive a continuous and consistent experience when using our website.
Examples of Persistent Cookies:
Analytical Cookies are cookies that allow us to see how you interact with our website so that we may provide a better shopping experience to you and others in the future.
- Anonymised IP address
- Pseudonymised personal data
- Browser, browser version, device category, screen resolution, operating system
- From what page you visited our website, what pages you visit and how long your visit to our website lasts
- Which products you have viewed but not purchased
- How far through the shopping process you have reached
- Which adverts you have seen
- Which adverts you have interacted with
- Whether you have re-visited our website having seen or interacted with an advert
Can I opt out of cookie usage?
You can, if you wish, set your browser not to receive cookies with websites that you visit. Please be aware that websites you visit may not work as intended without these cookies. Follow the below instructions to delete any cookies currently saved on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
To delete cookies and browsing history in Firefox, click the button with three lines, choosing Options, Privacy and Clear Your Recent History, ensuring cookies are deleted too.
Internet Explorer / Edge
To delete cookies and browsing history in Internet Explorer (Edge), click the gear icon at the top right of the browser. Select Internet Options, Browsing History Delete and ensure cookies are selected for deletion.
If you would like information regarding what data we currently hold for you, your account or your orders, or in the event of any issues regarding your personal data, please contact [email@example.com]
The Small Print
● We will never collect sensitive or personally identifiable information (PII) without your knowledge or consent.
● We employ security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access and to prevent loss, destruction or damage
○ N.B. No online transmission is 100% safe, we take reasonable endeavours to protect your data but cannot offer a guarantee of security
● We will keep your information safe for as long as required by law, only disclosed in the event of a sale of any or all assets or requirement by law.
● You are entitled to receive a copy of any personal data we currently store. Please make a request to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We will respond within 72 hours with all information we currently have.
● You are entitled to delete any and all personal data we currently hold in line with your ‘right to be forgotten’.